Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sublime Saturday

How sublime Saturday's were when we were young. The wonderful feeling when you woke up and knew you didn't have to go to school. They were filled with a few chores, cartoon's, dance lessons, and music. Yay, Pizza for lunch! We had Jackie Gleason and Carol Burnett to look forward to on Saturday night TV. If you were old AND lucky enough to stay up late in the Pittsburgh area there was Chiller Theater on at 11:30 with Chilly Billy Cardille! Sunday was a different feeling as you knew the weekend was coming to an end. We had church and family dinners. You always had Family Movie Album at 5:30. Bedtime was 7:30 but Ed Sullivan was on later in the evening. I used to turn my black and white TV in my room way down low to watch. I know my parents knew I was awake. What can I say, I grew up in a time when TV was king. As I yawned to fall asleep I knew free time was over and it was back to business, or in my case, school as usual. I often think I want a fairy door. It's one of the little doors you place in your woodwork and when you are FINALLY able to go through it you will be in a magical land. Sometimes I want to lay by the fairy door and close my eyes and concentrate very hard (squished my eyes tight closed right now!) to see if I can get there. Wouldn't it be wonderful to walk through that door and see where it takes you? I want to think that I'd go back to those sublime Saturdays.....keep dreaming. xoxoxo Pamturday

No comments: