Sunday, May 27, 2012

Family

My Family. I have been given so many wonderful gifts in my life that most of them are too numerous to mention. I always tell people that my husband, Danny, is the best Christmas gift I ever got to keep. There was no wrapping necessary, just a kind, honest soul with beautiful eyes who looked at me with love. I consider him to not only my gift from God, but from his family who so generously share him with me. After my parents passed away and my sister's left my life I felt a bit lost. Of course, there was my rock, my Danny, standing next to me and often holding me up. I have to admit I was sad that there was no longer anyone I could look in the face and see myself and say, I share blood with that person. I was so wrong. My Father, Jim, has a younger sister Marybelle. Aunt Marybelle has bee married for over 60 years to my Uncle Sam, who is the most handsome man I've ever known! They are both in their 80's. When first Dad and then Mom died they made it very clear to me I was theirs. I always had been theirs, but now it was different. I am known as daughter 2 1/2! This always makes me giggle and I feel so proud that I am 2 1/2. Aunt Marybelle and Uncle Sam have three wonderful children, Rosemary, Debbie and Sam. Rosemary is just as sweet, gentle and beautiful as my Aunt Marybelle and always makes me feel loved. My cousin Debbie calls me "sis". I think Debbie might fight a physical fight for me if necessary. She would win! Then there is my cousin Sam. Sam is closest to my age. I am 5 months older than he his. I never felt older than Sam and he probably doesn't know it but I always looked up to him. Sam, like his father grew up to be a police officer. He also grew up to be a fine, upstanding man and I'm proud to call him my family. All of my cousins have had children and in Debbie's case grandchildren. Yesterday we all gathered together for my second cousin, Dylan's graduation party. He is the son of Stacy, who is Debbie's daughter. I can never think of Debbie as "grandma" as she is still one of the coolest, pretties ladies I have ever know. Grandma she is,and such a good one. It was a great party and I left with a warm cozy, safe feeling. Aunt Marybelle and Uncle Sam have raised some of the finest children and grandchildren and great grandchildren our world could have. My cousins have spouses and partners who are just as loving and amazing. Their children are just dears to me. The best part is, THEY LOVE ME! As for me, I ADORE THEM. I laugh with them, I cry with them and I thank God everyday I belong to them and they belong to me. How much luckier can one woman be. A loving husband and a family there by my side letting me know I will always be theirs. I wish I could tell you about each of my cousins individually, but we would be here all day. I will tell you there is Tommy and Emily, Stacy and Paul, Ian and Joanne. Bucky, Lisa and Darryl. Dylan, Bryan, Michael, Kyra, Nicole, Mia, Blake and Troy. I hope to the Lord I didn't forget to mention anyone. I wanted to put a name to all of them and tell all of you what an amazing family I have. All of my cousins love their children ferociously. I love them back the same way. In a few weeks we will all gather again to celebrate the marriage of Michael, Sam and Lisa's son to a beautiful and smart young lady named Kyra. I am honored to be there and be apart of this special occasion. So much to look forward to and I just smile thinking of it. A special note to my cousin Sammy, we still look alike no matter how old we get to be. That's great cause we are both so darn good looking! With much love and respect. Pammy.

No comments: