Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Life

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."....Ferris Bueller. No truer words were ever spoken. This sentiment has come out in various forms through out the years. John Lennon stated "life is what happens while you're busy making other plans" . then there is the ever popular "stop and smell the roses". It is a cliche that is widely used to advise people to slow down and savor life. The origin of this quote is not exactly know, but believed to have started here in the United States. The common theme of these quotes is basically that we put blinders on when moving at such a quick pace and perhaps an amazing slice of life has floated by. I don't want to miss any part of this life. I want to present for all the happiness, the sadness, the pain and the anger. I never want to cheat myself by missing any part of the human condition.I will not accept "what ifs" in my life. I have the ultimate control over the direction I take. Sometimes it feels like my compass is broken, other times I know I am just not reading it correctly. My compass is fine, my perspective needs adjusted! I have been lucky through out the years to have many amazing people pass through. Some have stayed and others were just here for a short visit. It's not always the length of the visit that counts, but what you do with the time. I'd like to think that someday, someone may reflect upon me and say," I only knew her briefly, but the tattoo she left on my life was unique". Unique is the best I always hope for. I had the ultimate compliment paid to me in my late 20's by a young lady who was only in her late teens. We worked together in an extremely cut throat atmosphere where I refused to buckle down and conform. Needless to say this did not make my life easy. After one day that had gone very badly Tracey looked at me and said "you are the most unique person I have ever know". Now some people might have been offended by that. I was not. It made me happier than anything anyone had ever said to me. It had been a long day of fighting for what I thought was fair and right and felt fairly downtrodden. This buoyed my spirits and gave me the charge to go on and fight another day. All these years later I still hold onto that compliment. Why did it do that for me? Well, it told me that no one thought I was a lemming. I NEVER want to be the lemming that just follows the leader. The winds are moving my compass needle around. I maybe older but I still feel like I have a long journey ahead of me. I'm planning on enjoying every second of it. Right now, I need to go to my "garden" smell the roses. sit under a tree and help draw the tattoo that my life will be responsible for. I'm going to make sure it's an AMAZING tattoo. I wish you all peace. xoxoxo Pammy

No comments: