Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"Ben the two of us need look no more, we both found what we are looking for..." Ode to a Rat sung by Michael Jackson written by Walter Scharf & Don Black

What up my homies (all 6 1/2!) I have a bone (sorry the pun) to pick again with the media. My last little commentary on the media had to do with the happy commericals about erectile disfunction and the depressing (again with the word play) commericals about depression. Today's sermon is about animal abuse,abandonment and getting lost. Now gentle reader anyone who know's me know's I am mad for my girls and any other doggie or cat that passes my way. If you refer to prior post, "Puppy Love", it says it all. I realize that everyone's gotta raise money for their causes and marketing of any product is necessary but my goodness they might as well start playing the depression commerical's before and after the commericals for animal abuse and abandonment. There are two that kill me. The first one is where they show the sad dog and Sarah Mclachlan starts yodeling in the background. I get it, but hey when I hear her start to yodel I plug my ear's and start going lalalalalala as I try to blindly change the channel because my eyes are also closed. The other one is the sad looking dog poking his nose through the cage asking "What did I do"??? Crap, it brings me to my knees. Just as my Sainted Danny has often banned me from programs with initials, NCIS,CSI because I have nightmares these commericals are also forbidden in our home. Now I realize they are playing on our emotions but crap my emotions are not in that good of shape being a 52 year old woman going through menopause and dealing with my own depression. We all get the point! Please, just get on the TV and ask me for money. I promise, I will send it!! I can't take the Sally Struthers commericals about children with no food either. I think their choice of casting was ill advised, no offense to Sally. She's grown a bit portly in her old age and doesn't look like she misses many meals. Where was Celine Dion when they were casting, and she can yodel the song to it as well! Yes, I'm a bleeding heart and cannot stand any form of abuse or neglect of animals, children, old people the whole schmear. Look even crazy ole dead Michael Jackson sang the lament of a rat who was misunderstood. We all felt for the rat, one of the most unloveable creatures on god's green earth. When my younger sister heard the music for Lassie come on she used to run screaming with her ears covered (I did the same thing with the music from Chiller Theater). At 4:30 Mummy made sure that the channel was not turned to Timmy and Lassie cause we couldn't stand the screaming. Of couse she also screamed when she saw a fly or flushed the toilet so who really know's what that shit was all about! I also must admit, since I try to be honest in my blog that when Ruth got on my nerves too much, imagine that, I used to turn the channel to Timmy and Lassie just to watch her run away screaming and leave me the hell alone! She got me back years later when I listened to music with headphones, she would sneak up and wait for the drum solo on "In the Air Tonight" and turn it up and scare the crap outa me. But I digress. Here are some fun, light facts about dog's since we have been dealing with the serious. Dogs have about 100 different facial expressions, most of them made with the ears.Dogs have about 10 vocal sounds. Dog's do not have appendix. They also DO see colors. So I promise that I will continue to support animal rights, give to starving children and never pass a Salvation Army kettle without giving. I also support the rights of Werewolves!Please, Please just take it easy on the maudlin commericals. So, today dear reader, if anything has made you go hmmmm It should be, how the piss does my Sainted Danny put up with me? So for now, Later Scater ur out (70's street slang for goodbye). Your servant, Pammy xooxoxoxox

No comments: