Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sung to the tune of THE BRADY BUNCH

Hum along dear 3/12 and Margaret too!!! Here's the story of a man named Danny who lived in a country far away.  He was one man living in the city but he was on his own (side note, Lot's of family but I had to make it work musically!) Here's the story of girl named Pammy who was busy with two parents of her own.  They were three of them living in the house, but she was all alone.  Till the one day when Pammy met her Danny and she knew it was much more that a hunch, that this group might somehow be a family, that is how they because The Beattie (Shore) Bunch!!!!  Good Morning or Afternoon dear readers.  Today's sermon is a "homage", said in that good french kinda way (You know how it sounds Margaret, you've been to the south of France!) to my dear sweet Danny.  I married a saint, did you all know that. We were talking to a friend last night and it came up about very Little Danny and I actually argue.  When we do argue it's about something stupid.  The last one was a few weeks ago when my sweet sainted husband accused me of using his tools and hiding them.  Now friends, we all know me using any kind of tool other than a fork and knife is so not gonna happen!  I always tell people that I'm not the one who cleans up after the disaster, but I will cook you a good dinner and a nice desert (big hey to a real chef, Greg, Margaret's son-in-law. How's the restaurant doin?)  Anyhow's....my dear Danny is such a good man.  He always says he's just to lazy to argue.  Let me just say this.  Danny is not lazy about anything.  He's just a very smart man how knows sometimes there is not a battle to be had.  We have been married for 8 going on 9 years.  I have never been happier in my life and I must say that these past 8 years have been some of the hardest of my life.  My Dad died, our cottage flooded, Danny's dad died, we had struggles with Danny not being able to be with members of his family, my sisters (and I used this term loosely disowned me and Mom, my Mom died, We flooded at home and had about $56,000 worth of damages and then to top it all off I lost my job (we will not even go into the state of my so called mental and physical health as that is a blog all unto it's self)  ....Whewww!!!!  Our life at times has been like a bad country western song.  do you know what happens with a country western song if you play it backwards?  You get your car back, you get your house back, you get your wife back!  So somehow my dear friends my song is being played backwards.  Yes, I'm still unemployed, but my Danny who says he's "lazy" got an amazing promotion because of his hard work and knowledge.  Yes the hormone fairy has stopped at our house and it's not that much fun some days, but when it's good it's great.  No the cottage is not sold or fixed yet, but we did get help from a The Pitcarin Recovery Project to help us rebuild a retaining wall leading to our basement here at home that was destroyed in the flood.  No, we will probably never speak to the sisters again and we cannot bring back either one of our dear Mom's and Dad's, but we have a wonderful family in England and my dear dear  Aunt Marybelle and Uncle Sam and their amazing children and grandchildren here in the States.  Yes, there is again contact with a very special family member in Danny's life.  Yes, I still have much work to do on my emotional and physical health, but there is a top of the mountain and it's far away and I can see it through the clouds. Yes, Danny and I have built our own little family with our girls Gracie and Lacy (no, they are not dogs, well OK....yes they are!)  Our little talk last night with a friend made me take a good long look at my amazing guy.   He has stood by me through worse and we have had better!  One of the last things my Dad asked Danny to do before he died was to take care of his girls, and Danny has.  He took care of both Mom and Dad as if they were his own.  My Mom once told him she couldn't love him more if she had brought him home from the hospital herself.  So in a way my friends this is my open "love letter" to the man I love more than my life.  I wanted to share it all with you!  I thank god every day for sending me my best friend and the love of my life.  Here's my random thought for the day....don't you hate those letters people send you at Christmas time giving you all the little strange and boring facts about their lives??? I think I've just compared what I have written to one of those!  My life is strange at times but never ever boring!!  So Danny, I give you all the credit for keeping everything together.  On those days where I suffer from "I'm the only person in the whole world syndrome" you allow it to be about me.  I try with all my heart and soul to love you back as much as you deserve.  One of my favorite poem's written by Robert Sexton, which was printed on our wedding program, last line is" And when our time on earth is through, in heaven, too, you shall have my hand" the poem is called "The Promise".  Danny, you always have my hand and my heart,I promise.  It's so wonderful to know I will spend the rest of eternity with you (and god bless you cause I bet I'm even more of a trial in the after life as I am here!) Got a little serious here on you guys, but I had allot to say! Let me end with my fun fact...lets' go back to the beginning of my my little commentary here and refer to THE BRADY BUNCH...did you know that Alice, the housekeeper was never shown eating that that she didn't drive a car so she couldn't even go to the grocery store without Mrs. Brady.  Now that's a job, your employer shuffles you around but you don't get to eat (and you live there!).  So, keep it on the cool side babies!  xoxox Pammy  

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow! Now that's true love!!! Thanks for sharing. You brought a tear or two to my eyes...
Hugs!