Sunday, November 7, 2010

"What a load of shit"...quote from Cayla,Danny's Niece and mine too!

Moshi, Moshi 3 1/2!! Just read in my facebook that Danny's niece, Cayla, watched the movie "Paranormal Activity 2" and her reaction to it was...."What a load of shit"! I found that amusing. I had the same reaction years ago to "The Blair Witch Project" (and Geoffery, I only told you I was scared cause you are so damned cute!). What happened to Hollywood doing just a plain old scary movie.  Now, of course they have an entire genre that is "Horror" but that's not scary stuff, it's just plain gross in my humble opinion. Pretty much slice em and dice em! I just don't find it scary, I think it's sick.  There seems to be enough ugliness in the world that Hollywood doesn't need to show us how to do it!  People have pretty much figured it out themselves, so the instruction manual is not needed!  Now "Psycho" and "The Wizard of Oz" that's some scary shit and I must give an honorable mention to "The Birds", man Alfred Hitchcock must have been on scary fuck!  That guy laying next to the bed with his eyes plucked out got me, not because it was gross, just because it was something as harmless as a pigeon (OK, it's a rat with wings)!  I believe to this day the evil sister, Griselda (otherwise know as Donna) cannot stand birds and can't take a shower with out panic, who knows, maybe by now she's pulled up her big girl panties and chilled.  That shows how scary that stuff is, we were children when we saw it and I think she is now perhaps 55.  Also I must mention Griselda is scarier than any movie.  Now I have to give you my fun fact here because between what I read on Cayla's post and something else I read prompted this little rant...did you know that the Lion suit used on "The Wizard of Oz" was made from real Lions???? Holy crap....that is some scary shit...that and those damn flying monkeys!  To this day I piss myself when "The Wizard of Oz" is on.  I belived they show it always at Easter here in the States (clarification for my English family and friends should they read this!).  Yup, Jesus dying on the cross is equated to the flying monkeys! No this is not a commentary on religion, it's just as I was typing I had a WTF moment.  It's been a long time since I've seen a good scary movie that made me jump outta my seat and need to leave the nightlight on.  I really think the last movie that made me do that was "The Exorcist"...It wasn't the scary make up that did it for me, just the fact that   the concept of the devil was so clearly stated in a way that people could relate to.  Also, the fact that it dealt with children.  I once asked a learned friend (Yo to you Jim Glenn, wherever you are) why things with children scare us so much.  He told me it was a very primal fear anything that threatens children, it taps into all the paternal stuff that you have that even if you are not using you do have (at least most people do).  Not that Jim Glenn knew everything, but he did spend allot of time in school!  I have to remember to send my friend Sherry a message and let her know I'm using "Jim Glenn" knowledge! My new friend Noreen and I had a conversation on Halloween, refer to my prior posts for my Halloween opinions, as valid as they are!  Anywho, Noreen and I had a conversation about scary stuff and how we both were afraid of "Bloody Mary".  For those of you who don't know about "Blood Mary" it's an old urban legend that if you stand in from of a mirror and say her names three times you can see her in the mirror and something really horrible will happen.  You notice I refuse to even type her name three times cause I aint' taking no chances!  Now Noreen's smart and very funny 10 year old child, Em found that to be as we are saying a load of shit. Noreen said she was very matter a fact about it and said it in the mirror and basically said, and I paraphrase, Well that's done now (did I get that right Noreen?) "Bloody Mary"  would be some scary ass movie.  "Supernatural" the series did do one about it (shout out to Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki, not that they will know I shouted out to them!)  Oh my, this little rant has taken us on so many twists and turns.  It's probably because I think of this crap and type and not write it down, so if I ramble I apologize.   If you think of it let me know what your favorite pee your pants movie is.  You of course can comment here to share it all with us or you can find me on facebook under Pamela Beattie-Shore or email me at pambshore@comcast.net.  I'm interested to hear what you think.  So come on Hollywood, let's make one of those old fashioned, cover your eyes, jump outta my chair, sleep with the light on movie!  As usual, thank you all for reading and thanks to all the people I've mentioned that help form this little missive!  So, I'll talk to all again soon as I'm sure there will be something else that prompts my fingers to take on a life of their own!  Yo, Later Peeps!

1 comment:

testarossa124 said...

Haha! Poor Glenn, he truly never knew what he missed. I love the Kiss kitty pic, surely a classic!

I'm thinking that the WOO might of been on Easter, or was it the Von OMG please SHUT UP and put the curtains back on the windows already Family Singers? Posing as wholesome goodness family TV, those flying monkeys had nothing on Sr. Virginia and her sexually frustrated roomies at Holy Trinity school for Pennsyltucky hillbillies (class of 1983 thankyouverymuch).