Thursday, January 27, 2011

"Let's talk about net baby, let's talk about all the good things and the bad things that can be " Nod to Salt and Pepa!

S'up faithful 6 1/2. Hope you area all keeping warm and safe in this cold snowy weather. I know I'm trying to! Todays subject may sound familiar as I've already once spoken about the internet but today I have a new and slightly strange thing to share (actually I laughed my ass off!) I encountered an on line dirty talker. Now I don't think he a dirty talker who preys on children, he was just a run of the mill,bored, random person seeing how far he could push it (crap, inuendo)! It was all innocent enough for me...here I am talking about family, TV all that fun stuff that entertains me and there I have a down right dirty talker who could not suck me in. Some of that has to do with age as it's hard to take someone serious when they are typing about body functions, especially THOSE parts of the body. Also it has to do with my very serious commitment to my marriage vow's to my Sainted Danny, that is nothing to be played with. I am pretty sure I might have ruined his day cause all I could do was laugh and the even funnier part is that I kept actually trying to have a regular conversation...How's the weather, how's the family, what's new in your neck of the woods. Well...he had no interest in my neck or anyone elses. Actually, he probably didn't care at all if I was laughing cause on his end he was busy "accomplishing" his task at hand...so sorry had to go there! I really wasn't trying to laugh at him, in my stupid, trusting way I thought I was actually having a conversation! I like to think the best of people and asked him not to "go there". Ahhh sometimes I have a blonde moment (no offense to the blondes in my life), but I felt like I might have bleached and dyed my hair one too many times in my life and the brain was not connecting. Of couse I shared this all with my Sainted Danny as there is nothing I don't share with him, probably much to his dismay! This situation of course brought to my memory my little round mama, Lois. Before the internet we just had dirty talkers who called you on the phone. Well, Lois had a dirty talker who tried to call once a day to share his ummmm thoughts. Well, anyone you who knew Lois's knew she would not be intimidated by a dirty talker but would find great humor in this. I remember no one but her being allowed to answer the phone for about a week. The look on her face was priceless when he got her. She would get this bored unimpressed look on her face. One day early in the morning it woke her up and I was nearby and heard her say "how in the world can you think of these things this early in the morning" and hung up. No one messed with Lois's sleep. She also used to laugh out loud before she hung up. Finally she got tired of his "thought sharing" and told him her husband was the chief of police and he should really stop calling. That was funny cause he did hang up and never called again. I think in her own weird way Mum missed her little dirty caller, not because she was enjoying the words but it gave her a comic relief for her day to share with her friends. Things were much more simpler in those day's for dirty talkers, no caller ID, no ISP's to locate them with. Technology must be a bitch for true perverts. I bet they sit and wait for Officer's Stabler and Benson (SVU detectives) to break in and say "A ha....we knew it was you!" Well in real life Benson and Stable don't show up at least not that quickly. I have to say I don't think I had an acutal, true pervert, just someone with too much time on his hands (oh lord, there I go again) and was looking for an easy outlet, sorry I can't stop myself with the pun's. Here is something to make you hmmmmm about the internet – Henry Edward Hardy in his Master’s Thesis (1993) on
The History of the Net stated “The Net is Immortal. Ever wonder what this baby will be like in a 100 years? a 1000 years? Just something to think about as you keep your eye on that cursor." and for that matter a finger off the keyboard on your cell phone!!! Now here's and interesting fact that is not actually a fun fact but none the less informative. Did you know When police pull someone over they will always touch the back of the person's car in order to leave finger prints in case something were to happen to them as well as to make sure the trunk is shut, that way, nobody can jump out and attack them while they are dealing with the driver of the vehicle. Now I found that very interesting number one because many of my family members are police officers and two it's such a simple unnoticable act. I need to verify this with some of the officers in my life. Ahhhh...I have strayed all over with this little missive, but then again, we all know I don't write this stuff down, I'm just typing what pops into my strange little brain. I am having random thoughts while I type this and the biggest one that jumps into my mind as I type this is that I thank god that it was me who got the dirty talker and not some young person who it may effect them in a very serious manner. So the other part of this random thougt is watch who you talk to and let into your "internet life". Not that I'm that good of a person but I'm going to say a prayer for my little dirty talker and pray that he finds a useful outlet (there I go again) for his needs. Well my dears, I just needed to share this little experience with you as being trusting can get you in trouble and sometimes there are people you just shouldn't be all that nice to. Don't hesitate to cut something off when you feel uncomfortable. Well...looks like my writers block went away and for that i'm glad. So in the imortal words of the great Marvin Hamlish I wish you all "Sunshine lollipops, rainbow's everyday!". For you youngsters reading this was pop song back in the dark ages of the 60's, a much simpler time! Be good, be careful and always make people be respectful of you. Big movie star kisses to all of you. xoxox Pammy, the dirty talker listener!

P.S...where the hell is my damn spell checker...you still have to put up with my bad spelling till I locate it!

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_some_interesting_facts_about_police_officers_and_detectives#ixzz1CFNRxwcK

No comments: