Thursday, October 14, 2010

Common Courtsey

Hello my 3 1/2 flollowers (I only count as a half, but like to acknowlege myself).  I've been thinking alot about alot of things and some of this crap really get's on my shit, so I will now share with you!  I am very irriated with the generations of young people who don't feel the need to say "Please, thank you and excuse me".  As we've talked about before I'm getting older and disrespectful people piss me off.  My Mom and Dad (God Bless their souls) taught me manners.  They were drilled in to our heads.  To the day they died either Mom or Daddy could just give me a look and no matter how old I was I was aware they thought I was not using my manners.  Lois often said "Pamela Joyce, I did not raise you that way".  Not that I was a saint, but from the time I was young I used my "manner" words, I held doors open and basically tried to be a good Girl Scout, especially when it came to my elders.  I could still be a pain in the butt and not always nice, but I tried and I knew the proper thing to do.  It's paid off in my later life.  It made me more respectful at work, I called people Mr. and Mrs. until they told me otherwise and it taught me to be respectful of friends (who did not always return the favor, but then I figure they were raised by wolves).  I hear horrible things on the news about people shooting peoples car window's out because they cut them off...disrepect has been taken to a whole new level.  If I took out all the frustrations I had in a disrespectful way there would be alot of people limping around and driving cars that looked like they joined the demolition derby.  Sherry, I know you have manners like me cause remember how we had trouble walking through a door together, "no you go, no you go" it's a miracle we made it back from lunch and up the elevator into the office!  Ahh well, I don't know if I have the right to comment on other generations as I have chosen not to procreate and have no clue how to teach a child these things.  The only role models I have are my Mom and Dad.  I think they did pretty good in the manners department.  So basically to anyone I might not have used my manners and manner words in my youth I truly and deeply apologize to you ( no, I'm not going through a 12 step program that makes me say I'm sorry to everyone!).  Self awareness is an interesting thing to go through and you seem to do it in stages at different times in you life....Random thought (and I stole) for every action there is a reaction.  Keep that in mind the next time someone cuts you off or doesn't say please or thank you.  Like Earl said "Karma is a bitch"!  OK...so enough of my sermon for the day...bless you all, and please don't think I'm being sacrilegious!  Here is our fun fact for the day and its a Pittsburgh fun fact and actually has a tie to my ex-family (that would be Griselda and Maude, the evil sisters!)here it is....First Mr Yuk Sticker - 1971
Mr Yuk was created at the Poison Center at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh after research indicated that the skull and crossbones previously used to identify poisons had little meaning to children who equate the symbol with exciting things like pirates and adventure. Dr. Richard Moriarty created him and Griselda (the Murrysville Matron (no offensive to Murrysville) Donna, was Dr. Moriarty's first office manager and was there helping with starting the Mr. Yuk program and the First Poison Center in the United States.  We used to call her Mrs. Yuk....I think we were right!  When Danny reads this I'm gonna catch hell cause he hates it when I use "my bitter words"...but hey...felt like it!  Perhaps today I need to listen to some Elvis Gospel music so I work out my issues..."Peace in the Valley" might help!  Hope you enjoyed it or not!  Have a great evening....Word to your Mother (Vanilla Ice!)  Pammy

No comments: