Thursday, October 21, 2010

I've got friends in strange places (stole the tune from Garth Brooks)

Mornin Sunshine's (ain't that crap...I don't shine until 12:30 and that's only if someone turns the light on!).  The other night I was online late playing a game and a lady came on that I don't know, but we play each others games.  We started talking and it turned into 15 min. conversation.  It was one of the nicest conversations I've had in a long time.  Found out we had a lot in common even though we've never met.  Years ago I met one of my best friends on a bus, we've since lost touch but for many years we were one and others confidants.  I was one of the nicest memories of I have of a friend.  I met one of my best friends at the video store he worked at and my other best friend at work.  Danny and I maintained a long distance relationship for over a year (and when I say long, I mean looonggg) he was across "the pond".  The Internet has made the world a very small place where we are all neighbors.  I've always kept an open mind about who and where I will find my friends.  If I put them all in one room you would be trying to figure out what we all had in common.  I think what we have in common is an open mind.  It didn't matter how old we were, what we did for a living, what we looked like.  Our hearts all recognized each other.  Sometimes I've looked at the most unlikely person and thought to myself "I need to be that person's friend".  Sometimes it's as simple as this person will enrich my life and I will learn something from them.  Now dear 3 1/2 face book followers it's not that I'm that deep, as we know I'm a silly girl who doesn't always use her common sense but I have learned over the years when someone else has that good heart.  When I was younger I picked people as friends that weren't always that nice.  God know why cause it was more combative than "friendly". Sometimes I was afraid I was going to be killed by "friendly fire" or at least that's what they'd say!  I guess you have to do that a few times to find out those people did not enrich your life.  Wow, that was way too deep!! I feel the need to crack a bad joke or something...definitely something that has to do with farting or pooping, but I will refrain!  My Random thought for the day comes courtesy of my sainted Danny....he always tells me "Strangers are just friends I haven't met yet!"!  I like that and it helps me keep and open mind.  Keep an open mind dear 3 1/2, you never know where it will lead you.  Now my fun fact ties in pretty well, because without it making friends would be very hard....did you know that like every one's finger prints every one's tongue is unique to themselves???  Now I know you all just went to the mirror and stuck your tongues out.  Yoko Ono used to do in the 70's what they called a "happening". We need to have our own, take a picture of our tongues and compare...that's what they called "av ant art" in the 70's...I like it!  So today, talk to someone you don't know in some weird place (just make sure the person it's a nose picker or something like that cause that's not a good sign!) and stick your tongue out at them (or just say Hi!)  Shalom for the day my dear 3 1/2.  I will finish with a quote from the great James Brown..."I got ant's in my pants and I gotta dance!" Doesn't mean jack shit about what I've just said...I just always wanted to use it in a sentence.  Be cool!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Really enjoying your blog. I look forward to your Random Thoughts, it always makes me smile <3

Pam said...

thank you Shelley, I write it for myself, but I'm so glad that someone is enjoying it...You're the best! xoxox Pammy