Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How old am I and how did I get here.

Good Morning all..still trying to figure out why only a few people can place comments (today I can't even place them on my own blog, because I became my own follower to see!) Oh well, it's not going to shut me up, I feel the need, the need to speak (ok, I stole it from Top Gun, but I gotta talk, not go fast!) I've been thinking a bit about my age lately.  I have a friend who has a 10 year old child, she calls me Oldielocks! The kid is funny and quick, but it makes me think.  I guess I am old by 10 year old standards.  I remember in the 80's and even the 70's I was considered cool.  In the 70's I wanted to save the world and wished I was old enough to protest something, anthing, but I was still in my teens.  In the 80's I loved the glam.  Annie Lennox red hair spiked to kill,cut short with a tail that went down my back braided (do you remember that Tracey Smith??) in my opinion I was way cool.  Maybe I was the only one who thought so, but hey, it only really mattered to me at that age.  Now I'm in my 50's.  I don't look bad for an old broad in my opinion and my husbands, but I finally realized I am old enough to be some one's grandma (that's another "love" name my friend's child and her friends call me)! I don't mind, it just made me think.  I may not be able to wear my high heels any longer because of bad knees and I might find a gray hair or two every now and then, actually I find a gray eyebrow, but in the long run I don't feel any older than 25.  My body tells me otherwise many days.  I still listen to Def Leppard, David Bowie and The Beatles (and God almighty, John Lennon would have been 70 the other day!)  I love a good concert and I think Justin Bieber is as cute as Apple pie (OK, I'm not a perve, I just have Bieber Fever!) The joy fullness of a young person enjoying what they do and making other young people feel that is so wonderful to watch.  So I guess my random thought for the day is....IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER (courtesy of Bill Murray in Meatballs)  I think I sound more like Andy Rooney than Jack Handy! Oh well.   So here's my fun useless fact for the day, did you know that you can't snore and dream at the same time??? My husband is praying for dreams for me!!! Thanks for reading or not. Going to listen to Billy Idol...Peace out  xoxxo Pam

1 comment:

Michelle said...

My husband must NEVER dream then. He lies too! LOL!