Monday, October 11, 2010

It's Monday (like we don't all know that! duhhh)

Yay!!! I actually have a follower (Thank you new follower Michelle)!! My friend Maureen sent me message saying she had read it and was going to follow it...yay again!  I'm still trying to figure out why all of a sudden I need and want to be heard...I think because for many years I didn't want to draw attention to myself.  I have to admit all the stuff in the news about children and young people killing themselves because of bullying has sparked some of this for me. My random thoughts often extend to something with substance (hard to believe). I was a victim of childhood bullying and being bullied in the work place as an adult.  I have never hidden this fact but only talk about it to a few people.  So there...I think I've just come out of the "being bullied closet"! This would be were I would like to "thank" all the bully's from grade school on up and from a company that shall not be named for making me what I am.  They made me a kinder more understanding person (with several body ticks!).  I understand how some of those children and young adults felt. The hardest thing to understand at that time is that it is not your fault.  I actually had school personnel and supervisors (and in the case of work it was the supervisors doing the bullying) tell me it was my own fault because I didn't fit into the mold of what everyone thought was acceptable.  Here's one of my random thoughts for the day....be yourself no matter what.  I had a very good friend pay me what I think it the nicest complement she said "Pam, you are unique!" Thank you Tracey Smith for that! It kept me going and made me proud and happy I wasn't like everyone else.  I know in our lives we have all felt pushed around, bullied or taken advantage of.  I hope we can teach our children someday to be in control in a positive manner.  That it doesn't involve abuse of another human being.  AHHHHH...alot to get off my chest this morning!!!  On a lighter note...I do have an amusing "fun fact" for the day courtesy of my friend Tekla...here goes...a Pig as an orgasm that lasts a minimum of 30 minutes!!!! That must be one tired pig! Have a interesting Monday.  I don't like to say "have a good day" cause I hate to be told what kind of day to have! Just enjoy at whatever level you like to.  Peace.

3 comments:

Pam said...

I'm still trying to figure out if I set this up correctly so I am placing a comment on my on comment!

Anonymous said...

Matt's uncle wants to come back as a pig for that very reason!

Anonymous said...

Pam~ I was only able to post my comment as from anonymous.

<3 Barb